Global Consult

Temporary Graduate Visa

Temporary Graduate Visa (SC: 485)

Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) allows international students to live, study and work after you have finished your studies in Australia. There are three stream in this visa namely Gradutae Work Stream, Post-study work Stream and Second post-study work stream.

With this visa, you can stay in Australia, usually for 18 months to 24 months. You can also travel, work or study in Australia during your stay.

You cannot extend this visa. However, you may be eligible for other skilled work visas. If your visa is expiring, contact us and our Registered Migration Agents will guide you to best possible option.

Visa Eligibility

During your stay in Australia, you must maintain visa requirements and eligibilty.


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    According to Department of Home Affairs, processing time can vary from:
    75% of applications:8 months
    90% of applications: 11 months
    However, it can be a lot quicker than the specified time.

    Cost can vary depending on your situation. Normally, there is fixed fee associated with Document submission to DHA. Additionally, there will be more cost involved such as health cover, documentation and so on.

    Yes. You must maintain Health Cover during your entire length of stay in Australia.
    You can find this in Eligibily for 485 Visa
    You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. Family members who apply for the visa must meet Australian health and character requirements.