Global Consult

Skilled Regional Visa

Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491)

Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia

With this visa you can :

➡️ Stay in Australia for 5 years

➡️ Live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia

➡️ Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid

➡️ Apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted

You and all members of your family unit who are also holders of the visa, will need to live work and study in a designated regional area of Australia. Your nomination must not be withdrawn, or you will not be granted the visa.

Visa Eligibility

During your stay in Australia, you must maintain visa requirements and eligibilty.


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    According to Department of Home Affairs, processing time can vary from:
    75% of applications: 6 months
    90% of applications: 14 months

    When eligible, applicant can apply for permanent residence through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191).
    Unless you have held your subclass 491 visa for 3 years, holders of the subclass 491 visa can’t make a valid application for a subclass 820 (Partner) visa.
    For more information, contact our Registered Migration Agents.

    Yes. There are certain eligibily criteria for this visa. You can find this in Eligibily for 491 Visa

    It varies depending on the situation. To get accurate iformation, book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents.