Global Consult

Student Visa

Student Visa (Sub-Class 500)

Student Visa (Subclass 500) allows you to visit Australia to participate in a course of study.

With this visa you can study in an eligible course of study in Australia. You will be allowed to work 40 hours every 2 weeks period once course starts. However, you can work more during holiday period.

The length of visa depends upon the course. Once your student visa expires you will still be eligible to stay longer through extending studnet visa or other eligible visa streamline.

If your Student visa will expire before your graduation you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). You will need a letter from your education provider with the date of your graduation.  If you hold or held a student visa and completed specific qualifications in Australia in the last six months, you might be eligible for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).

Visa Eligibility

During your stay in Australia, you must maintain visa requirements and eligibilty.


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    It varies depending on the course type. Your application can take longer to process if:
    – You do not fill it in correctly
    – You do not include all the required documents
    – It takes us time to verify your information

    It depends upon the education institute payment structure. Additionally, you will have to include health cover cost, documentation cost, visa cost and more. To know more, please contact our Education Counsellors.

    You need to follow the eligibily guideline to make sure you fulfill all requirements issued by DHA.

    Find in the following Link – Eligibility for Student Visa

    You can include family members when you lodge your visa application. For student visas, your family member is:
    – your partner,
    – your or your partner’s dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.

    A student visa is not granted to your child if they have turned 18 years at the time your visa is finalised. They need to apply for their own visa. You must declare your family members in your student visa application even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia.